TFM Imaging System
CTS-PA22T is a responsive phased array TFM imaging system originally developed by Goworld, with 64 channels working totally in parallel. The system acquires FMC data from within the object of either metal or non-metal and makes precise real-time 2D/3D TFM imaging through rapid hardware running based on FPGA. The innovative RF metadata platform can process the original signals on computer.
CTS-PA22T goes beyond the stereotype of phased array S/L/B scan modes. The user just needs to customize the size and spot of the area for inspection before the system can make TFM imaging on the intended part within the object. There are quite a few TFM reconstructing models attached for exceptional defects, to reproduce actual appearance of each. The 64-ch parallel mode and access to FMC data open the door for researchers from academies and institutes concerning development and simulation on TFM algorithms targeted at all kinds of exceptional cases.
A complete working system consists of a PC host, application modules, PA probes and other necessary parts. CTS-PA22T is an independent unit to be linked to the PC host via network. The software on the host as the monitor will send orders to the CTS-PA22T and get feedbacks.
- By virtue of reconstructing algorithm model through rapid hardware running based on FPGA, the TFM images can be produced instantaneously, with a refresh rate of 50 frame per second.
- The 64 parallel hardware channels are collectively capable of acquiring original FMC data of up to 64x64 A-scans at the max depth up to 2m.
- This system is applicable to wide-area TFM imaging on larger objects such as rail welded-seams, locomotive wheel rims and axles.
- Quite a few TFM imaging modules are attached for different cases. The user just needs to input values respectively about “probe”, “wedge” and “object” before proceeding to the TFM inspection job.
- The TFM modules are customizable according to details of requirements in particular cases.
- 1-Leg LW Scan TFM Module: to image back-trip reflective defects by 1 leg of longitudinal wave, say, through holes, pores or inclusions.
- 1-Leg SW Scan TFM Module: to image back-trip reflective defects by 1 leg of longitudinal wave, say, through holes, pores or inclusions.
- TFM Module for Cracks: to image extensional reflective defects of tandem style by 1.5 legs of shear wave,say, vertical cracks.
- TFM Module for Incomplete Fusions: to image planar reflective defects by 2 legs of shear wave, say, incomplete fusions.
- LW scan 3D TFM Module (with Matrix Probe): to make 3D imaging on back-trip reflective defects by 1-leg of longitudinal wave, say, through holes, pores or inclusions.
- TFM Module for Multiple Layers of Material: to image incomplete or poor fusions on the layer boundaries or back-trip reflective deflects within each layer by 1-leg longitudinal wave,say, through holes, pores or inclusions.
- The original FMC diagonal data can be used for SAFT imaging.
- The FMC data are also favorable to SAFT C-scan imaging.
- Inspection results can be reconstructed by TFM through FMC data in form of different apertures. The level of reconstruction will end up with optimal half-angle of spread (HAS) as the verification for the error between the actual HAS and its theoretical value, which is the principle in regard to optimizing the engineering of PA probe.
- The original FMC data acquired through matrix probe and SW wedge can be used for developing 3D shear wave TFM algorithms.
- The user can reproduce the contour within intended space by using the FMC data. For example, a spherical object can be reproduced into 3D spherical TFM view.
- The FMC waveform signals and data can be selected by the user using customized TFM algorithm for results analysis and view comparison, as to assess the effects of positive waveform superposition and verify the efficacy of the customized TFM algorithm.
Tx: bipolar square wave,±45 V～±100 V tunable with 5V per step
Pulse Width: 20 ～ 1000 ns, with 5ns per step
Bandwidth: 0.5 ～15MHz
Gain Range: 0～55 dB with 0.1dB per step
Digitizing Rate: 62.5 MHz，10 bit
Input Impedance: 50Ω
In-Built Processor: Larger FPGA, big data real-time HW processing
Focal Laws(Qty)： 65536
Rx Delay: 0～40 μs，PRN up to 2.5ns
Channel Config: 64*64 total in parallel
Power Consumption: appr. 35W
Operation Platform: Windows X.X
Signaling Rate: 100M/1000M Ethernet
Weight: appr. 5kg.
PA Probe Connector: IPEX
Encoding Port: Incremental Encoder (Qty: 2)
Universal I/O Port: 25-pin D-shape
Commissioning Port (Qty): 1
Cvt’l Probe Connector: Q5, according to probe qty
Network Port: 100M/1000M Ethernet
USB Port (Qty): 2
PA TFM 3D imaging detection
Copyright©Guangdong Goworld Co., Ltd.